Tuesday, October 19, 2010

OP-ED from September 16, 2010

What an honor it is to follow in the footsteps of Governor Chris Christie. While out on the campaign trail this season in my run against Incumbent Frank Pallone in New Jersey Congressional District 6, I have received countless comments congratulating Governor Chris Christie on recent accomplishments in defense of taxpayers and toward restoring the economy, putting New Jersey residents back to work. In Washington DC at various speaking engagements I’ve been approached by Congressmen and Congresswomen from across the nation remarking about their admiration of my governor, Chris Christie, who says what he means and does what he says. He is described as a “folk hero” in Washington DC and many have commented that they would support him if he ran for President of the United States. “We haven’t had such a refreshing example of taxpayer representation since Ronald Reagan,” one Congressional staffer commented to me.

No one can agree with any fellow human being on every issue. We are destined to express differing opinions from time to time as we travel our different paths from stop to stop on the campaign trail, and while working in elected office. Governor Christie and I agree on the matters that are of paramount importance to taxpayers: Jobs, the Economy, and Taxes. Together, we will ensure that New Jersey’s economy is moving again as quickly as possible, and that tax burdens on all taxpayers are reduced so that the New Jersey’s economy can be restored to health. I am proud to be described as a “Chris Christie style Republican”, and it is my honor to announce when visiting other states that I am a Mayor, and candidate for Congress from New Jersey, Chris Christie’s state.

On Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at the home of Kenny Avon in Point Pleasant Governor Christie honored me with a keynote address at my fundraiser for my race against Frank Pallone. In addition to stating that there was no other Congressional Incumbent that he wanted to defeat more than Frank Pallone, Governor Christie congratulated me on my tenacity and my determination to ensure that taxpayers in Congressional District 6 received honest, passionate and steadfast representation in Washington. Governor Christie stated that he knew I could win my race because what I am doing has been done before. Governor Christie was outspent, but not outworked in his gubernatorial race. He won handily against then Governor Corzine frankly because the people of New Jersey had had enough.

My supporters are Chris Christie’s supporters. They believe in me as they believe in him. I am proud to be associated with this trailblazer who has laid the foundation for the grass roots campaign I run today. Governor Christie has stated he would like to campaign with me in this race. I’ve invited him to appear at one of my Saturday Ground Assault meetings, and I’ll be honored to participate in a Diner tour in the near future. I am grateful for the efforts of Governor Christie and GOP Chairman Jay Webber in securing the support of the Republican National Committee in my race. Our victory November 2 will be truly be a victory for Team New Jersey. Little Government is Good Government, New Jersey. Let’s take our government back!

No comments:

Post a Comment